|My weekend: A list.
||[Jul. 5th, 2005|07:53 am]
A brief list of my 4th of July weekend highlights:|
1) Went camping, anf took a 12 mile hike (3000' elevation gain) up to a high mountain lake.
2) Went to a downhill mountain bike park and progressed from doing a run with two 5' drops to a run with a 7' drop.
5) Joined friend's at a BBQ in Capitol Hill. Later moved a large portion of those people back to my apartment for an afterparty that lasted until 4:30 AM.
4) Was driving a friend's car and came upon a police speed trap that had multiple officers on a bridge with radar guns and 30-40 motorcycle police behind the bridge pulling over every speeding car. I saw it too late to realize what was going on and sped through it. I did not get pulled over.
5) Was driving down the same street less than an hour later and had to hit my brakes to avoid hitting a man who lept out in front of my car. He was, in turn, avoiding being hit by the man firing a pistol at him from the sidewalk. This happened 30' in front of me and I had to pass in between the shooter and his target before i could round the corner and call the police. I was unhurt, and so was the car.
6) 4th of July BBQ at my apartment.
6a) Watched the bushes burning at an apartment complex 1 block away (caused by fireworks).
6b) Took polaroids of the car which parked too close to the curb that the ensuing firetruck turned at directly beneath my deck. The firetruck tore the front end completely off the car. The owners felt the fire dept was in the wrong...
6c) Sent people down the street (1 block the opposite direction from the fire) to check on a pedestrian who had been pinned (see "crushed") in between a parked car and a moving car. 911 was called, the ambulance arrived, and the victim had been driven to the hospital in a car. The paramedics were angry about the wasted trip.
6d) Watched the fireworks above Lake Union.
6e) BBQ turned into a dance party that lasted until roughly 2:00 AM. I shook my groove thang. Daniel, Irene and Rachel shook their's so much better...
6f) Nearly everyone left, and then some bad things happened (not to me directly). Can't give details. I got just short of 2 hours of sleep.
And now I'm back at work.
And how was your weekend?